This year Education Week is focusing on The Arts. At HWPS as part of the Arts Program, we have chosen to use this opportunity to develop our students understanding and respect of Asian culture and diversity.
Students will rotate through 5 activities focusing on Asian Arts and Culture.
- A Bollywood Dancing workshop with a professional dance instructor
- Taiko drumming Performance- this is an incursion in the hall
- Decorating a Korean round fan each as well as 2 Japanese Koinobori mascots for their connect group
- Learning a Chinese song about looking for a friend
- Learning about Sumo wrestling, making miniature Sumos.
Students will be rotating around the school with a teacher in established multi-age groups for the day. We call these Connect groups.
At 2.40pm we will all meet on the Basketball Court (fingers crossed for the weather). We will have a Bollywood Dance off, Whole school singalong.
Students can dress up in an Asian themed costume. Eg. Manga, flag colours, traditional dress, kimono, karate, Taekwondo, sport team colours, as a Asian food -Sushi roll, pop stars (K-Pop), let your imagination go wild!