Hawthorn West Primary School uses Compass as its primary channel of communication with parents. Compass is a web-based system, accessible on any modern web-browser or via an app.
There are a range of video tutorials which contain content from a parent’s perspective and are designed to assist parents to become familiar with the features of Compass.
- Using the Compass School Manager App : This video takes parents through the range of features and options of the Compass School Manager app including adding notes, accessing reports and viewing the newsfeed.
- The Parent Portal overview : Parents are taken through aspects such as how to access their child’s information, the menu content, newsfeed and more to assist with becoming familiar with their parent portal.
- Adding a note/approval : Parents are shown the process of adding a note to explain their child’s attendance after their child has been marked NP/U or L/U and also how to add a note in advance for a known upcoming absence.
- Booking Parent Teacher Conference : This video covers the process for parents of booking a Parent Teacher Conference. ( Please note this content relates to the latest version of the Conferences module )
- Processing Events : This video covers the process of how parents can consent/pay online for events via the parent portal.
- Processing Events in App : This video guides parents through processing event consent/payment via the Compass School Manager App
For further assistance, please contact the Administration Office (03) 9818 2233